Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I decided to double up on WOD's since I missed a double on Monday and one of these was a benchmark.

CFWU x 3 less Pull-ups and Dips

Weighted Pull-ups

1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Body weight: 195

45-70-80-90-100-100-100

New PR, nothing beats pulling over half your weight, except maybe pulling more than half!

Push Jerk

3-3-3-3-3 reps

135-175-185-195(failed on 3rd-see below)-195

I was going for over 200. I love this movement. My back, permanently tweaked from my time in the Coast Guard, is a bit unstable at these high weights. So I managed to get 195 lbs up twice the first time and lock it out. The 3rd time, however, I locked out my arms, but then my back gave up stabilization. Then my abs gave up, then I knew I was in trouble with my effing bodyweight over my head. Good thing I put those crossbars in to catch the bar for just this situation. Wanna know what it sounds like when a bar comes down from overhead to get caught about 6 inches above your navel? It's effin loud! Well, like a good Crossfitter, I escaped, and while the bar continued to bounce up and down on the crossbars at 200+ decibels, every staff member in the gym came running my way to pull my ass out from under the bar. Oh, and I woke everyone in the gym up. They needed the wake up anyway. Those cardio machines and ellipticals put me to sleep just watchin them. And what the hell did I do? Kicked off my shoes, laughed at myself and the looks on everyone-I mean every single person in the gym-and threw that 195 up 3 more times to lock it out. This time I told it I was its Daddy. I did take the precaution of popping a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory when I got home. No need to wake up tomorrow and not be able to get some more Kool-aid. Mmm good!

Tweet

No comments: