Saturday, September 20, 2008

Active Rest day

I roller bladed around Lake Hefner for 9.1 miles. It was nice and relaxing except there was a triathlon going on. No problem right? Just stay outta the way of the people doing it. After all, from the pics, everyone can see there was plenty of room. Well, it wasn't a big deal until some fella came up to me when I was at about the 8 mile mark of my trek, looking forward to that nice drink at the end and said, "Sir, I'm gonna hafta ask you to get off the trail cause I got athletes on there." Well, I told him I was almost all the way around the lake and since no one had bothered to tell me earlier, WTF? I asked him if he wanted me to go back the way I came and he said yes. Huh? I seriously thought about taking off and seeing if he could catch me on my blades. After all, I didn't get those rest stations the runners or bikers got. Well, I was nice and he let me go. I really don't think he could have done much to stop me anyway. So here are the pics:






After a wipeout.


The other side of the lake.





No comments: