Monday, March 09, 2009

"Helen"

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings (or 55 pound dumbbell swing)
12 Pull-ups

CFWU x 2 less pull-ups and dips

100 Push-ems Day 38

16:36

Left me on my ass. 10 days of nothing. I was sick, blew out my back again, and didn't eat as well during that time. It does put things into perspective, however. Now I know what is going thru people's heads when I first introduce them to Helen. My last Helen time was 14:15. Yah, folks. This shit is hard.

I've got to restart things, tailor Crossfit to my back injury for the time being, and re-discipline. I'm only doing one WOD per day for now. I want to see if that will add muscle mass similar to a bodybuilder workout. I theorize that pull-ups are just as effective as doing biceps curls if you allow the proper time to heal. This will be non-steroid bodybuilding, of course. Coach says Crossfit is better for mass gains, and I want to test it.

Tweet

No comments: