Monday, November 24, 2008

"Fight Gone Bad!"

Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

Add your points and post them to comments.

Subbed 45lb SDHP for a rower

1: 95

2: 80

3: 57

Total: 232

Previous: 233

Looking back I could have tried harder. It did lay my ass out. As I lay there panting some geriatric bodybuilders stood there waiting patiently for me to get off the squat rack. (I went to the Newburgh location since I am on vacation this week.) They actually look very fit for their age. But their isolationist movements showed their fitness levels. No disrespect intended for anyone at that age that looks fairly in shape and still makes it to the gym for hours on end. I just don't understand why they would look so fit but still have to do assisted pull-ups. Bodybuilding is purely cosmetic, and that shows by the tight gear people wear when they do it along with the lack of real fitness. There's just not enough strength.

So I didn't give up the squat rack-they were just gonna use it to do "shrugs" and did another WOD:

Back Squat

5-5-5-5-5 reps

135-155-175-185-195

Not my best, but not my worst and I tweaked my back.

No comments: