Thursday, February 21, 2008

Family

I am sorry this is late. If nothing else in my life amounts to much, I should at least remember you guys. Three years and one week ago I served with some of the greatest people the United States has to offer this country, and even some of the best in the world. I will not forget you guys. Not ever. I think of you daily. What a great honor it was. Service above self. I work for you still, I am just on the sidelines. Less noticed, but I am here and serving with honor. I am still humbled by your commitment and there are weeks I still wish that I was closer to you.

I must admit that I can't remember all of you, but the picture you gave me and the messages you wrote are proudly displayed in the tower I work in now. You are my real family, and you are welcome in my home anytime.

Shortstuff. Mikey "two toes", Rascal, Froesus, LZ, J Dubya, Crummy, Mocha, Lost, Meatball, Chief Hall, Ray aka "Roy", Eddie Scar-burry, Stifler, Stucky, Burlew, Joe the Bulldog, Doc Louie, Cookie, Yucko the Clown, Sinner, MCPO Frank, SCPO Kevin, Schmitty, Hoosier, Miller, Susskey, XO and CO. The list goes on, I can't remember as well, but your faces are easier to remember.

I miss you guys. This beer is for all of you.

May your tail rotors and autos always give you that rush. I will keep the hangar doors open.

Fair winds and following seas. Smooth tailwinds.

Semper Paratus,

AVT3

No comments: