Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fat, Dumb, and Gassy

I always hate the first few days of traveling. Seems like wherever I go, the first night I don't sleep well, the rest of the week I am adjusting to the local bacterial flora (i.e. gassy and nausea) and weather. I really like to travel and see new places, but this sux. Yes, yes, I know. Getting paid extra plus gettin paid on Uncle Sam's dime to sit in a class room or screw up a RADAR and let some instructor tell me how and why I screwed it up in the first place.
Of course, I have a little extra time on my hands, so the last few days I gave my body the extra punishment that I always wish i could. Well, for what? I have barely eaten anything all weekend and for anyone that has ever lifted weights you know that you have to eat like a fat man. If you don't, you get so effing hungry you start behaving like a crack whore who hasn't had it for a bit.
So I'm stuck in this nice apartment somewhere in OKC starving to death and having hallucinations about eating but not too much cause then I go and dry heave for a bit and try to keep some fluids down. It'll get better, I just have to fight through the first week. Anyone else got any bitches?
Other than that, it turns out I am not as smart as I thought I was when it comes to digital electronics. So I'm gonna take my fat, dumb, and gassy self and hit these books tonite anyway and hope I can focus enough to get through them.
The best part of this last week was getting a very nice pay raise courtesy of Uncle Sam for selling my soul to the government by accepting more workload.
I really enjoy what I do. I think that by travelling it makes me appreciate the real world. I love the diversity of people and mentality of those I get to interact with. It's something you don't get when stuck in southern Indiana for months on end. There's a wide world out there and I encourage everyone to see and live in it.

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

I'm the same way. Every time we ever went to florida I'd get sick...