Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mormons

So I had the chance to talk with some mormons that came by the house yesterday. Turns out they aren't as close-minded as most xtians but still need to back up what they believe. They don't put much faith in the accuracy of the bible, but more-so in the book of mormon. They gave me a "Book of Mormon" to read which I probably will since I don't know much about it. Yeah, I know, they are polygamist or something like that. I need to read it before I start attacking them. I did manage to fluster one of them(I guess he needs to figure out what he believes), but the other seems to have adapted his beliefs to agree partially with modern science. I guess they don't prepare their "messengers" to argue with atheists. Nice fellas, though. I tried to get some work out of them, but neither knew how to weld. Still stuck at level 23

tweet

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

If I couldn't allow science to co-exist with my religion, then I wouldn't be able to adhere to it (the religion, I mean). People who discard science in favor of creationism and all the other 'miraculous events' in the Bible are ignorant. There's no reason (in my mind, anyhow) why they (science and religion) have to contradict one another. At least, that was what I was taught at Oakland City, but that's a whole different story... Just my 2 cents...