Friday, July 22, 2005

Doing here?

What the hell am I doing here? Mainly just to chuck insults at my brothers, I suppose. Oh first post, how about a bit about me. I am a retired Coast Guard avionics technician who served honorably guarding our coasts from 2000-2005. Yes, I am retired. I blew out my back while doing a combination of flying/exercising/drinking while active duty so they booted me and gave me the title "retired". Or maybe "retarded" is better. Oh well, I would have never gotten out if they didn't kick me out one way or another. Yes, I would have been a "lifer"-contrary to the belief that many of my "A" school buddies had. So, I moved back to Indiana where I bought a house and got a job breaking civvie aircraft for the time being. Now, I am trying to get out of this place and back to somewhere that resembles my coastie life of honor, integrity, and good shipmates... I guess I am a pterodactyl now, so on with the nostalgia.
Any old airdales/shipmates that have any good sea stories feel free to post away. You drink for free over here in candyland.

2 comments:

dfb said...

Ah-hah! So we have a second BEOTCH to contend with!
Yeah so I didn't fly--I made a no-go call 'cause of the density altitude, not to mention the load limit was right on the edge and those birds don't have a/c. I opted to reschedule for a less heat-strokey day.
Oh and you should go to the "Roost 2005" in Savannah in November. They have pictures there.

dfb

Phoenix said...

Alright--we've just boosted our hits by 33% (3 people instead of 2)... Now that's talkin...